- Eligible, American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Eligible, Hospice & Palliative Medicine Certification
Dr. Norr Santz graduated with a Doctor of Medicine from Ross University School of Medicine. She completed her residency in Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation from SUNY Downstate Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York. During her PM&R residency, Dr. Santz found great fulfillment in empowering patients through patient education using a multidisciplinary approach with physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, nurses, and social workers to maximize her patients’ quality of life despite their functional limitations. She completed her fellowship in Hospice & Palliative Medicine from the University of California, San Francisco medical education program in Fresno, CA where her multidisciplinary approach to patient care continued closely with nurses, social workers, dietitians, and chaplains.
She has fluency in Medical Spanish.
- Coalition for Compassionate Care of California
- Center to Advance Palliative Care
- California Medical Association
- American Academy of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (AAPMR)
- New York Society of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation (NYSPMR)
Patient Care Philosophy:
Dr. Santz understands that every patient has unique, multifaceted needs ranging from the physical to emotional, psychosocial, and spiritual. She hopes to build a relationship with each patient and their family to provide them with individualized treatment with realistic expectations. Dr. Santz strives to empower and support her patients with serious life-limiting illnesses through patient and family education and a collaborative team approach to maximize their quality of life. Her goal is to educate all of her patients and create patient-centered plans.